- This wooden camera, designed for use with a wavelength spectrometer, has brass fittings, an ivory scale, and cardboard bellows. The inscription reads “ADAM HILGER LTD. / LONDON, ENGLAND / No. D10.302 / 33435.” Three paper tags read “PHYSICS DEPT / COLUMBIA UNIV / 6336.”
- Ref: Adam Hilger, Ltd., Spectrographs (London, 1912), pp. D3-D4.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- spectrometer camera
- date made
- early 20th century
- Adam Hilger, Ltd.
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- overall: 18.5 cm x 23 cm x 55.6 cm; 7 9/32 in x 9 1/16 in x 21 7/8 in
- overall: 9 1/8 in x 8 in x 21 3/4 in; 23.1775 cm x 20.32 cm x 55.245 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Columbia University
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.