- This small pocket compass with folding sights belonged to Spencer Fullerton Baird, the naturalist who served as the second Secretary of the Smithsonian.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Sighting Compass
- overall: 7 cm x 9.4 cm x 8.9 cm; 2 3/4 in x 3 11/16 in x 3 1/2 in
- overall: 2 13/16 in x 3 11/16 in x 3 1/2 in; 7.14375 cm x 9.36625 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.