- This is an example of the “improved” hydraulic press that, when new, cost a whopping $40. The "E. S. RITCHIE & SONS / BOSTON" inscription indicates a date in the second half of the nineteenth century.
- Ref: E. S. Ritchie & Sons, Ritchie’s Catalogue of Physical Instruments (Boston, 1878), p. 20.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- hydraulic press
- E. S. Ritchie & Sons
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Boston
- overall: 35.9 cm x 43.8 cm x 15 cm; 14 1/8 in x 17 1/4 in x 5 29/32 in
- overall: 14 1/8 in x 6 in x 18 1/8 in; 35.8775 cm x 15.24 cm x 46.0375 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Jay A. Lewis
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.