- This small pocket compass with clinometer belonged to Spencer Fullerton Baird, the naturalist who served as the second Secretary of the Smithsonian.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Pocket Compass
- date made
- Nineteenth century
- overall: 3 cm x 11 cm x 9 cm; 1 3/16 in x 4 11/32 in x 3 17/32 in
- overall in case: 1 1/4 in x 3 7/16 in x 4 1/8 in; 3.175 cm x 8.73125 cm x 10.4775 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.