- This barometric scale belonged to Joseph Henry, the physicist who served as founding Secretary of the Smithsonian. The “Hall / PHILADA” inscription is probably that of Solon W. Hall, an assistant at the Girard College Observatory in the early 1840s.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- barometric scale
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- overall:.4 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm; 5/32 in x 4 11/32 in x 4 11/32 in
- overall: 3/16 in x 4 1/4 in x 4 3/8 in;.47625 cm x 10.795 cm x 11.1125 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.