- Mercury in glass thermometer with scale reading from -10 to +110 degrees C. The inscription on the cardboard sheath reads, in part: “CENTRAL SCIENTIFIC CO. / 235-239 PLANE STREET / NEWARK, N.J. / CHEMICALS AND APPARATUS / 7372.” Archie James Weith (1886-1980) used this thermometer while a graduate student in the chemistry department of the University of Kansas, in 1909-1913.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 30.5 cm x.5 cm; 12 in x 3/16 in
- overall: 12 5/8 in x 11/16 in; 32.0675 cm x 1.74625 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.