- This reflection polariscope came from the Smithsonian Instrument Instrument Room. The "D. Ballauf / Model Maker / Washington, D.C." nameplate is that of Daniel Ballauf (1829-1914), a German immigrant who, in the 1850s, opened a shop in Washington, D.C. Over the years, Ballauf made many patent models for inventors, and exhibit models for the Smithsonian.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- reflection polariscope
- Ballauf, Daniel
- place made
- United States: District of Columbia, Washington
- overall: 13 13/16 in x 6 15/16 in x 8 5/8 in; 35.08375 cm x 17.62125 cm x 21.9075 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.