- Here, an equilateral crown glass prism is mounted so that it can be moved in all directions. The “LEREBOURS / PARIS” inscription refers to either Noël Jean Lerebours (1761-1840) or his son, Nicholas Paymal Marie Lerebours, who ran the instrument business on his own until 1845.
- Ref: Lerebours et Secretan, Catalogue et Prix des Instruments (Paris, 1853), p. 34.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- France: Île-de-France, Paris
- Physical Description
- brass (overall material)
- glass (overall material)
- overall: 12 3/4 in x 3 1/4 in; 32.385 cm x 8.255 cm
- overall: 10 1/2 in x 5 1/2 in x 3 3/4 in; 26.67 cm x 13.97 cm x 9.525 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- United States Military Academy
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.