- A rotating mirror of this sort could be used for acoustic experiments with manometric flames. This example is marked “E. Zimmermann Leipzig”.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Rotating Mirror
- overall: 47 cm x 29.8 cm x 18 cm; 18 1/2 in x 11 3/4 in x 7 1/16 in
- overall: 18 7/8 in x 7 1/4 in x 16 in; 47.9425 cm x 18.415 cm x 40.64 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.