- Arza T. Lyon, of Cincinnati, developed an improved “asbestos mastic and paint.” This is the model he submitted with his patent application.
- Ref: Arza T. Lyon, “Improvement in Paint Compounds,” U.S. Patent 164,851 (June 2, 1875), assigned to The Indestructible Building Material Company of Ohio.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Asbestos Paint
- patent assigned to
- Lyon, Arza T.
- bottle 1: 95 mm x 42 mm; 3 3/4 in x 1 5/8 in
- bottle 2: 102 mm x 54 mm; 4 in x 2 1/8 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.