- This brass instrument consists of a pendulum pivoted on an angular scale. The scale appears to be a quadrant of a circle, divided into 100 parts. The divisions are not equal. A hole above the pivot may be for mounting the instrument.
- The object was received with group of Japanese instruments exhibited at the Centennial Expositon, a world's fair held in Philadelphia in1876.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1876
- place made
- overall:.4 cm x 15.6 cm x 17.2 cm; 5/32 in x 6 5/32 in x 6 25/32 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Transfer from Bureau of Education, Department of the Interior
- Drafting, Engineering
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Mathematics
- Science & Mathematics
- Single Drawing Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.