- This telescope has an achromatic objective, a two-draw brass body covered with brown leather, and an amber-colored solar filter. An inscription reads "U.S. NAVY / OFFICER OF THE DECK SPYGLASS / POWER 12½ / KEUFFEL & ESSER CO N.Y. / N 3224."
- The U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey acquired this instrument in 1920 and transferred it to the Smithsonian in 1929.
- Ref: Keuffel & Esser, Catalogue (New York, 1921). P. 413.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- telescope (spyglass)
- Keuffel & Esser Co.
- overall: 16 3/4 in x 1 1/4 in; 42.545 cm x 3.175 cm
- overall: 16 3/4 in x 1 9/16 in; 42.545 cm x 3.96875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.