- This telescope has an achromatic objective with the flint lens on the outside; a five-element erecting eyepiece; a ten-sided wood tube with brass couplings that breaks down into three sections; and a tin-plated case covered with leather. It was probably made in the 1750s or early 1760s. The telescope bears the inscription "Dollond LONDON."
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- overall: 37 1/2 in x 1 1/4 in; 95.25 cm x 3.175 cm
- overall in case: 14 in x 6 1/4 in x 2 3/8 in; 35.56 cm x 15.875 cm x 6.0325 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.