12 Follis, Byzantine Empire, 491 - 518
1/2 Follis, Byzantine Empire, 491 - 518
- Description (Brief)
- One (1) 1/2 follis coin, Anastasius I
- Byzantine Empire, 491 - 518
- Obverse Image: Anastasius wears a pearl diademed, draped, cuirassed bust facing right.
- Obverse Text: DN/ AN(AST)ASIVS / PP / AVG.
- Reverse Image: Large K with a long cross to left, star above, a GAMMA right, and a star below.
- Reverse Text: N/A
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 491 - 518
- 491- 518
- Anastasius I Emperor of Byzantium
- place made
- Byzantine Empire
- Associated Place
- Turkey: Hatay, Antioch
- Physical Description
- copper (overall material)
- overall:.1 mm x 25.5 mm; in x 1 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: National Numismatic Collection
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.