- Ebbco began making inexpensive plastic sextants for emergency or educational use in the 1960s. In this example, the arc is graduated every degree from -10° to 120° and read by micrometer with vernier to 12 seconds. The inscription reads "Ebbco" and "EAST BERKS BOAT CO., ENGLAND."
- Ref: J. P. G. Weatherlake, The Ebbco Sextant. Its Use, Care and Adjustment (n.p., n.d.).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1965
- East Berks Boat Co.
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, Berkshire
- Physical Description
- plastic (overall material)
- overall: 3 1/2 in x 9 in x 9 3/4 in; 8.89 cm x 22.86 cm x 24.765 cm
- overall: 4 in x 10 in x 6 in; 10.16 cm x 25.4 cm x 15.24 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.