- Description: A personal beeper that belonged to Jonathan Eric Briley, who worked at Windows on the World restaurant.
- Context: Jonathan Eric Briley worked as an audiovisual technician at Windows on the World, a restaurant located on the 106th and 107th floors of the North Tower. Every morning he would watch the sun rise over New York City from atop the tower. On September 11, 2001, terrorists flew a hijacked planed into the North Towers of the World Trade Center, impacting floors 94-98. His personal beeper, ID card, and ring of keys were recovered with his remains.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Motorola Inc.
- United States: New York, Manhattan, World Trade Center
- Physical Description
- plastic (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- overall: 7.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 3 cm; 2 15/16 in x 2 3/16 in x 1 3/16 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Gwendolyn Briley-Strand
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks
- September 11th Attacks
- Attack on the World Trade Center
- See more items in
- Political and Military History: Armed Forces History, 9/11
- September 11
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.