- The “Dirty Dozen” refered to on this button is a list of legislators who were seen as being unsympathetic to environmental causes. The list was developed by the League of Conservation Voters and Environmental Action in the 1970s.
- Political activism continues to be an important element of the environmental movement. This button illustrates one approach, to oppose political candidates with poor environmental records.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- overall:.33 cm x 4.4 cm; x 1/8 in x 1 3/4 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Environmental Movement
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Biological Sciences
- Government, Politics, and Reform
- Clothing & Accessories
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Buttons
- Artifact Walls exhibit
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.