- PSSC used a simple hand-held stroboscope of this sort to measure small intervals of time. The form was introduced in the late 1950s and remained essentially unchanged over 50 years. This example has 12 slits.
- Ref: PSSC, Physics Laboratory Guide (1960), p. 2 (photo of boy holding a hand-held stroboscope).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Stroboscope, hand held
- Date made
- ca. 1960
- Physical Science Study Committee
- overall: 10 in; 25.4 cm
- overall: 4 7/8 in x 10 in; 12.3825 cm x 25.4 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Uri Haber-Schaim
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.