- Description (Brief)
- Nordic Ware, a family-owned manufacturing firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was founded in 1946 by brothers Dave and Mark Dalquist, as “Plastics for Industry.” In 1950, the brothers bought Northland Aluminum Products, a small firm with a line of “Nordic Ware” products including griddles and steak platters. The same year, Dave Dalquist created a cast aluminum, fluted cake pan and trademarked it as the “Bundt” pan. The company continued to grow its product line to include specialty baking and cookware items, including the microwave turntable. Nordic Ware is notable due to its history of product innovation through engineering, and its continued production of cookware in the United States.
- Nordic Ware produced the Oven Aire in 1992. The unit is a small fan that could be put inside an oven to circulate air and make it a convection oven. The Oven Aire was poorly received, with most consumers not understanding the potential benefits of the device.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- oven fan
- Nordic Ware
- place made
- United States: Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- overall: 4 in x 11 1/2 in; 10.16 cm x 29.21 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Nordic Ware thru H. David Dalquist, President & CEO
- Household Tools and Equipment
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.