Lamb Cake Mold
Lamb Cake Mold
- Description (Brief)
- Nordic Ware, a family-owned manufacturing firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was founded in 1946 by brothers Dave and Mark Dalquist, as “Plastics for Industry.” In 1950, the brothers bought Northland Aluminum Products, a small firm with a line of “Nordic Ware” products including griddles and steak platters. The same year, Dave Dalquist created a cast aluminum, fluted cake pan and trademarked it as the “Bundt” pan. The company continued to grow its product line to include specialty baking and cookware items, including the microwave turntable. Nordic Ware is notable due to its history of product innovation through engineering, and its continued production of cookware in the United States.
- Nordic Ware used this mold to manufacture an aluminum Lamb Cake Pan. The mold is made of heavy metal and is composed of the front and back halves of the Lamb Cake Pan. Nordic Ware has always produced a variety of seasonal bakeware, such as this lamb pan made for the Easter season.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- lamb cake mold
- Nordic Ware
- place made
- United States: Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Physical Description
- aluminum, cast (overall material)
- overall: 4 in x 22 1/2 in x 18 in; 10.16 cm x 57.15 cm x 45.72 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Nordic Ware thru H. David Dalquist, President & CEO
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.