- This celluloid card has a calendar for 1909, and a photograph of Edward K. Warren, the inventor of Featherbone. Established in Three Oaks, Mich. in 1883, the Warren Featherbone Co. used the splines of turkey feathers as a replacement for whalebone stays.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Celluloid Novelty
- Date made
- Warren, Edward K.
- Whitehead & Hoag Company
- Warren Featherbone Company
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (overall material)
- overall: 4.6 cm x 8.7 cm; x 1 13/16 in x 3 7/16 in
- overall: 1/16 in x 1 13/16 in x 3 7/16 in;.15875 cm x 4.60375 cm x 8.73125 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.