- Description (Brief)
- Two celluloid sheets fastened together over rotating disks that display numbers. On the back of the counter, one disk displays numbers in the "Games" window and the other disk in the "Points" window. The front and back are printed with advertising. The back also has a list of materials associated with particular wedding anniversaries.
- Advertising piece for W. W. Randall of New York City. "Diamonds are trumps when you buy them of W. W. Randall."
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- game counter
- date made
- after 1870
- Baldwin & Gleason Company
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (overall material)
- metal (fasteners material)
- overall: 3.6 cm x 7.5 cm x.1 cm; 1 7/16 in x 2 15/16 in x 1/16 in
- overall: 1 1/2 in x 3 in x 1/16 in; 3.81 cm x 7.62 cm x.15875 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.