- The indications or uses for this product as provided by the manufacturer are: A soothing dressing for the treatment of minor burns, scalds, sunburn, and minor skin irritations. A non-antiseptic application for minor cuts, scratches and abrasions.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- otc preparation
- Scott and Bowne
- Place Made
- United States: New Jersey, Bloomfield
- Physical Description
- cod liver oil (drug active ingredients)
- lanolin (drug active ingredients)
- petrolatum (drug active ingredients)
- box: 5 1/2 in x 1 3/8 in x 1 1/8 in; 13.97 cm x 3.4925 cm x 2.8575 cm
- tube: 5 in x 1 5/8 in x 1 in; 12.7 cm x 4.1275 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Balm of America
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.