- The “Pyrex” inscription on this test tube refers to a clear, low-expansion borosilicate glass that was introduced by Corning in 1915.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- test tube
- Physical Description
- glass (overall material)
- overall: 12.6 cm; 4 15/16 in
- overall: 5 1/16 in x 11/16 in; 12.85875 cm x 1.74625 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of South Carolina
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.