- Description (Brief)
- A small thermometer attached to a fish-shaped base. The base is wood, overlaid with a layer of imitation mother-of-pearl celluloid. The thermometer is attached to a scale made of imitation-ivory celluloid. The scale is Fahrenheit.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (part material)
- wood (overall material)
- overall: 3.3 cm x 12.5 cm x.5 cm; 1 5/16 in x 4 15/16 in x 3/16 in
- overall: 5 in x 1 5/16 in x 1/2 in; 12.7 cm x 3.33375 cm x 1.27 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.