- Description (Brief)
- The rounded blade of the skimmer is made of cream celluloid. The handle is an intricately molded metal piece, possibly bronze. The skimmer has no markings.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- beer skimmer
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (blade material)
- metal, bronze (handle material)
- overall: 25 cm x 3.4 cm x 1 cm; 9 13/16 in x 1 5/16 in x 3/8 in
- overall: 1/2 in x 9 7/8 in x 1 3/8 in; 1.27 cm x 25.0825 cm x 3.4925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.