- Crochet hook with a celluloid handle. The "M.E.F. / 11 / PAT. AUG. 17, 1915" inscription refers to Mary E. Fitch, the crochet enthusiast of Brookline, Mass., who obtained a design patent on the form.
- Ref: Mary E. Fitch, “Crochet Needle,” U.S. Design Patent 47,718 (Aug. 17, 1915).
- Mary E. Fitch, Filet Crochet with Instructions (Brookline, 1915).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- crocheting hook
- crochet hook
- date made
- after 1915
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (handle and case material)
- ferrous metal (needle material)
- overall: 1 cm x 11.4 cm x 1.9 cm; 3/8 in x 4 1/2 in x 3/4 in
- overall; in case: 1/2 in x 4 9/16 in x 3/4 in; 1.27 cm x 11.58875 cm x 1.905 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.