- Description (Brief)
- Shoehorn in the shape of a woman's leg. Made of laminated sheets of celluloid, its top sheet is orange and hand-painted with a red sock and black shoe. The back is the glittery Goldalure celluloid, developed in the mid-1920s.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- shoe horn
- date made
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (overall material)
- overall: 15.8 cm x 3.2 cm x.3 cm; 6 1/4 in x 1 1/4 in x 1/8 in
- overall: 1/2 in x 1 3/8 in x 6 1/4 in; 1.27 cm x 3.4925 cm x 15.875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Clothing & Accessories
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.