- Cornell University silk produced for the American Tobacco Company’s Murad cigarette brand.
- Like related premiums such as cards and felts, silks were collectibles available to purchasers of tobacco products. Murad’s college silks were produced in two sets in 1910.
- This example features a crew rower.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- tobacco silk, crew
- tobacco silk, collegiate
- date made
- Associated Name
- Cornell University
- Murad Cigarettes
- Physical Description
- fabric, silk (overall material)
- overall: 16.2 cm x 11.5 cm; 6 3/8 in x 4 1/2 in
- ID Number
- nonaccession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Sport and Leisure
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.