- Description (Brief)
- A celluloid novelty comb in the shape of a penguin. The penguin's head pulls out to reveal a comb made of imitation tortoiseshell. The holder is marked "France" and "Alain Saint..."
- Celluloid comb in a delightful penguin-shaped case. The “Alain / Saint-Joanis” inscription refers to a French design firm that began in business in 1876.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1930
- place made
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (overall material)
- overall: 10 cm x 4.2 cm x.5 cm; 3 15/16 in x 1 5/8 in x 3/16 in
- overall: 5/16 in x 1 3/4 in x 4 in;.79375 cm x 4.445 cm x 10.16 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.