- This is a Continental model AB of the sort that Bausch & Lomb introduced in the 1890s. It is a compound monocular with micrometer screw for fine focus, square stage, and sub-stage mirror. The inscription on the black horseshoe base reads “BAUSCH & LOMB OPTICAL Co. / ROCHESTER, N.Y. NEW YORK CITY.” The objective is missing. The 37718 serial number indicates a date of 1902.
- Ref: Bausch & Lomb, Microscopes and Accessories (Rochester, N.Y., 1900), pp. 26-27.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1902
- Bausch & Lomb
- place made
- United States: New York, Rochester
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- brass (overall material)
- glass (overall material)
- overall: 10 1/4 in x 3 3/16 in x 4 5/8 in; 26.035 cm x 8.09625 cm x 11.7475 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Bausch & Lomb Optical Company
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.