- This crochet hook has a celluloid handle. The "M.E.F. / 14 / Pat. Aug. 17, 1915 / DIADEM" inscription refers to Mary E. Fitch, the crochet enthusiast of Brookline, Mass., who obtained a design patent on the form.
- Ref: Mary E. Fitch, “Crochet Needle,” U.S. Design Patent 47,718 (Aug. 17, 1915).
- Mary E. Fitch, Filet Crochet with Instructions (Brookline, 1915).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- crochet hook
- date made
- Physical Description
- cellulose nitrate (handle material)
- ferrous metal (hook material)
- overall: 10.8 cm x 1.3 cm x.3 cm; 4 1/4 in x 1/2 in x 1/8 in
- overall: 4 5/16 in x 9/16 in x 3/16 in; 10.95375 cm x 1.42875 cm x.47625 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.