- This is a compound monocular with coarse and fine focus, tilting hinge, triple nosepiece, square stage, sub-stage mirror, and horseshoe base. The inscription reads “THE ‘DAVON’ SUPER MICROSCOPE / PATENT No. 10670 - 14 / F. DAVIDSON & CO. / LONDON, W. / 65A.”
- Ref: F. Davidson & Co., The Davon Micro-Telescope and Super Microscope (London, 1914).
- P. J. Risdon, “Microscope and Telescope Too,” Popular Science Monthly (May 1921): 60-61.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1920
- F. Davidson & Co.
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- Physical Description
- brass (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- glass (overall material)
- overall: 42.1 cm x 11.2 cm x 16.3 cm; 16 9/16 in x 4 7/16 in x 6 7/16 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Estate of William Whiting
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.