- This small glass jar of orange gunk came from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- canada balsam cement
- overall: 6.5 cm x 4 cm; 2 9/16 in x 1 9/16 in
- overall: 3 in x 1 1/2 in; 7.62 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.