- This cigar box came from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker. The tax stamp is dated 1901.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 2 1/2 in x 8 in x 4 5/8 in; 6.35 cm x 20.32 cm x 11.7475 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.