- This fairly large metal disc came from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker. It was probably used to figure or polish lenses.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- lens grinding/polishing tool
- overall: 3 in x 10 in; 7.62 cm x 25.4 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.