- This metal pot came from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker. It was probably used to hold and heat pitch.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- pitch pot
- overall: 4 in x 11 1/4 in; 10.16 cm x 28.575 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.