- This wood and brass collimator came from the shop of Henry Fitz, Jr. (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 2 in x 12 in x 3 1/2 in; 5.08 cm x 30.48 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.