- This wooden apparatus was designed to hold a telescope tube, presumably for testing purposes. It came from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- apparatus for telescope testing
- overall: 10 in x 17 in x 9 in; 25.4 cm x 43.18 cm x 22.86 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.