- Microtome with a “Lentz & Sons” inscription on the blade. Charles Lentz (1831-1923) was a German immigrant who became a surgical instrument maker in Philadelphia. The firm, which became Charles Lentz & Son in 1887, enjoyed a reputation for producing sharp edges on microtome blades.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- microscope coll obj
- Charles Lentz & Sons
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- overall: 5 in x 9 5/16 in x 4 3/4 in; 12.7 cm x 23.65375 cm x 12.065 cm
- ID Number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.