- Description (Brief)
- Glass jar with 3/4 lead coating inside and out, wooden cap with brass rod, knurled nut on top. Rod and chain lead into the jar. Tag says: "Received from Cable Lab".
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- leyden jar
- glass tube
- overall: 9 in x 4 1/8 in; 22.86 cm x 10.4775 cm
- overall: 9 1/2 in x 4 1/8 in; 24.13 cm x 10.4775 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- from Western Union Corporation
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Electricity
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.