- This torsion balance sits in a wood and glass case. A metal tag on the bottom reads: “THE TORSION BALANCE CO. / NEW YORK / STYLE 266 NO. B570591 / CAPACITY 4 OZ. CLASS A MADE IN U.S.A.” The linear scale between the pans is graduated in grains and grams.
- Ref: The Torsion Balance Co., Balances and Scales. Catalog No. 39 (New York, ca. 1941), p. 10.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Torsion Balance
- date made
- around 1940
- Torsion Balance Company
- place made
- United States: New Jersey, Jersey City
- overall: 7 3/4 in x 13 in x 6 1/4 in; 19.685 cm x 33.02 cm x 15.875 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.