- The obverse of this bronze medal has insignia and “AWARDED BY THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA.” The reverse has “THE JOHN SCOTT MEDAL TO THE MOST DESERVING” and “CHEVALIER JACKSON / FOR / DEVISING INSTRUMENTS AND / METHODS USEFUL IN / BRONCHOSOPY / SEPTEMBER 17, 1943.” Chevalier L. Jackson (1865-1958) invented the bronchoscope.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- medal: 7/16 in x 4 in; 1.11125 cm x 10.16 cm
- case: 1 in x 5 9/16 in x 5 in; 2.54 cm x 14.12875 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.