RAD D PINOG
RAD D PINOG
- This albarello is probably of Germanic origin. It has a white-gray glaze and is decorated with concentric blue rings at the neck and above the foot.
- A crudely painted armorial shield sits atop a baroque-style scroll in the center of the body. The label is marked RAD:D:PINOG in manganese. The oval medallion within the shield is divided into three sections. At the top of the shield is a black eagle and at the center is an animal figure. The bottom has three red stripes on a white field curving to the left. This jar would have contained the roots of the (PINOG) plant, an unidentifiable plant species.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- ceramic (overall material)
- overall: 23.2 cm x 12.4 cm; 9 1/8 in x 4 7/8 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of American Pharmaceutical Association and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.