- Description (Brief)
- The Scovill Manufacturing Company of Waterbury, Connecticut produced this token around the late 19th century. Scovill was established in 1802 as a button manufacturer that is still in business today. Scovill is an important example of early American industrial manufacturing that adapted armory machines to mass-produce a variety of consumer goods including buttons, daguerreotype mats, medals, coins, and tokens.
- Obverse: The legend reads: BELEN.
- Reverse: The legend reads: UN REAL.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Scovill Manufacturing Company
- overall: 2.3 cm; 7/8 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Production and Manufacturing
- Industry & Manufacturing
- Scovill Manufacturing Collection
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.