- Description (Brief)
- The Scovill Manufacturing Company of Waterbury, Connecticut produced this token during the early 20th century. The Scovill Company was established in 1802 as a button manufacturer and is still in business today. Scovill was an early industrial American innovator, adapting armory manufacturing processes to mass-produce a variety of consumer goods including buttons, daguerreotype mats, medals, coins, and tokens. This token bears no markings.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Scovill Manufacturing Company
- overall: 2.1 cm; 13/16 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Scovill, Inc.
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Production and Manufacturing
- Industry & Manufacturing
- Scovill Manufacturing Collection
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.