- The “H. G. KERN” inscription on these dental forceps is that of Horatio G. Kern (1815-1889), a surgical and dental instrument maker in Philadelphia who began in business in 1837.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- dental extraction forceps
- dental forceps
- Kern, Horatio G.
- overall: 1 1/4 in x 2 in x 7 1/2 in; 3.175 cm x 5.08 cm x 19.05 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.