- Henry Heil (1854-1919) was born in Germany, moved to the United States in 1872, graduated from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy, and established the Henry Heil Chemical Co. in 1882. Heil Scientific, as the firm was later known, donated this filter paper to the Smithsonian in 1959. The inscription reads "Max Dreverhoff's, Dresden(/)...205..."
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Filter Paper
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 5 3/4 in x 4 3/8 in; 14.605 cm x 11.1125 cm
- overall: 5 1/2 in x 4 3/8 in; 13.97 cm x 11.1125 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.