- Glass slab from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- glass slab
- overall: 1 in x 5 5/16 in x 16 1/4 in; 2.54 cm x 13.49375 cm x 41.275 cm
- overall: 5 5/16 in x 16 1/4 in x 1 in; 13.5255 cm x 41.275 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.