- The indications or uses for this product as provided by the manufacturer are: Long established remedy for quick relief in Headache and Neuralgia.
- Directions: Throw a powder on the tongue and take a swallow of water. One powder usually relieves; in obstinate cases, if necessary, repeat by taking one more powder in 20 to 30 minutes. Eat and drink sparingly.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Kohler Antidote For Headache and Neuralgia
- otc preparation
- date made
- after 1890
- Kohler Manufacturing Company
- place made
- United States: Maryland, Baltimore
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- acetphenetidine [acetophenetidin], 350 grs. per oz. (6 3/5 grs. per powder) (drug active ingredients)
- overall: 5.2 cm x 8.3 cm; 2 1/16 in x 3 1/4 in
- packets: 2 cm x 6.5 cm; 13/16 in x 2 9/16 in
- overall: 2 in x 3 1/4 in x 1/8 in; 5.08 cm x 8.255 cm x.3175 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.